American Society of Mechanical Engineers, New York, NY, 2018-present
Acting as lead XML support in Journals department to decrease the amount of incorrect data provided within content published by society.
- Review XML files and answer queries related to XML markup for content published by the society.
- Conduct extensive QA, test in multiple browsers on both desktop and mobile, and giving feedback on journal websites moving to a new design and platform.
- Create and maintain JATS DTD XML markup documentation for ASME’s external vendors.
- Provide support to external vendors when they encounter problems while publishing content.
Springer Nature, New York, NY, 2004–2018
Senior Web Production Editor
Ensured the smooth and efficient running of the Web Production department, including providing technical guidance to colleagues worldwide.
- Maintained good practice and proactively ensuring the high quality of Springer Nature journal websites.
- Processed article XML files from external vendor ensuring DTD validation and providing feedback to supplier when necessary.
- Conducted QA on new journal websites using cross browser testing.
- Reported bugs in Confluence to be addressed by Front End and and Developers on new websites before launch.
- Acted as project and product lead within and outside the team as needed.
- Built relationships with journal editors and proofreaders and translated their requests into actionable code for external vendors.
- Led a project to implement the use of GitHub within the department when migrating from Mercurial, which ceased being supported by the company, and resulting in a more streamlined process for version control.
- Launched numerous websites for Springer Nature journals based in London and New York.
- Acted as a resource for web production questions regarding online content and workflows and promptly resolved issues that arose.
- Created monthly journal table of content newsletters and distributed them to subscribers via email using Silverpop.
- Used in house Content Management System to generate article previews and publish content per production schedules for assigned journals.
Impose Magazine, Brooklyn, NY 2012-2015
Served as Photo Editor for the music website Impose Magazine.
- Edited and published galleries from photographers in US and Europe on the Impose website daily using WordPress.
- Coordinated entry for upcoming events for photographers with publicists or booking agents.
- Coordinated three art shows displaying work by Impose photographers in both Brooklyn and Chicago, IL.
- Successfully revived “Shot by the Band” photo feature making it one of the most popular features on the website.
ADDITIONAL RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
This is Not a Photograph
Capturing live music performances, portraits, and events around New York City for BTRtoday, BrooklynVegan, Music Existence, Pioneer Works, Impose Magazine, The Village Voice, Bandcamp Daily, The Photo Ladies, and other clients.
Wenner Media – New York, NY
Assistant Circulation Manager
- Managed complimentary subscription orders for Us Weekly, Rolling Stone, and Men’s Journal magazines to be processed for fulfillment.
- Solved irate customer complaints effectively and within a timely manner. Contacted printing vendors to negotiate reasonable rates for stock orders.
- Analyzed samples of forms, envelopes, magazine cover wraps, and other stock items for the New Business and Renewal & Billing divisions.
- Provided administrative support to the Subscription Marketing and Planning Director.
National Jewish Medical and Research Center – New York, NY
Prepared proposals and other documents for organizations and individuals requesting participation in fundraising for a non-profit hospital located in Denver, CO.
- Entered important data into donor tracking program.
- Completed various administrative duties such as answering telephones, photocopying, completing vendor payment vouchers, and filing.
Fordham University, New York, NY — Bachelor’s Degree
XML, JATS DTD, HTML, CSS, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom, GitHub, JIRA Confluence, FTP, Oxygen, WordPress, Silverpop/IBM Watson Marketing, Google Analytics & Search Console, G Workspace, Slack, Photography, Photo Editing, Social Media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Extensive experience using both Windows & Mac operating systems. Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).